Friday, May 7, 2021

a tale of many houses

I have grown up and grown old here on this farm and seen many changes.  Back in the day there were a lot of houses and barns and I have pictures of all of them somewhere.  I had an unexpected day off so my mission was to clean out yet MORE picture albums from the house on the hill.  It almost killed me y'all.  Those steps are treacherous.  Daddy's dark pink peony is about to pop wide open so there will be flowers for Mother's Day.  Oscar has been steady digging at what I've planted down here and he's about to get sprayed like the stray cat does with water and vinegar.  

The farm owner lives a long ways up north and comes twice a year, faithfully, to keep up with what's going on.  He is a thoughtful soul and brought with him engraved stones....one for Daddy and one for mom, to put by the fruit trees.  Y'all i thought I was gonna' cry as we laid 'em down.  I will, you hide and watch.  

By some holy miracle,  my clogged carotid is now flowing nicely.  I believe it's because I used CBD products and reduced the inflammation.  FAB is my favorite.  Especially the flavored drops.  I have used their salve as well on my shoulders and neck.  By yet ANOTHER miracle, I have a ticket to see James Taylor and Jackson Browne in August at FedEX.  It's been rescheduled twice because of the big C so Lord willing, I'll cross one off the bucket list.  

Mother's day plans for me go like this:  Take some of Daddy's peonies for Mama's grave tomorrow and then see my girls on Sunday.  I know Lauren got me a present because I told her exactly what I wanted.  BTW, I can wear pierced earrings again!

I saw my first hummingbird today.  Twice.  I reckon he's the scout.   I just put the feeders out yesterday.  My internet went out yesterday and Forked Deer Connect had me back in business in 24 hours.  The guy apologized for the "delay" and I told him honey, please.  I'm a former ATT customer.  I'm used to waiting for a week!

Y'all have a great mother's day weekend.  Keep the faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment