Sunday, December 29, 2019

the journey

We were still in full Christmas mode at church today and the focus was on the magi followIing that star.  It could haven taken them longer than 12 days, who really knows.  THEY knew that the prince of peace had been born and were dead set on honoring him with gifts delivered by camel riders.  I always knew from bible school that Epiphany was a word, but I didn't really digest the meaning of it until I was in my 30s.  Now I am acutely aware of the seasons of the Christian church.  And I am blessed to be fed words of wisdom in an easy to understand style.  Even the preacher traveled many miles in time to be there for service.  Bless him.

The art display will be pretty much finished tomorrow.  The biggest challenge we found right off the bat was where to hang the chalk paint window frames because the colors are light and the wall is gray. So, I drug that baby home with me and commenced to put a background on it so that it's visible and um, way cool.  Thank you Laurie Ann!

It has cooled off and is raining so I still don't imagine there are many ducks around.  I saw one hunter on the way home after chuch for both of us and he was headed out to check on his boats.  It will be cold again soon enough.  My friend reminded me that out of towners don't understand the way conditions have to be for success around here.  

Yesterday I began the occupational therapy of cleaning out my toolbox and starting over with good stuff I have.  Hammers.  Screwdrivers.  Measuring tape.  No more wrenches or anything else that I never use.  I am slowly sorting through everything else and de-cluttering.  The stress from living in chaos like mine is enough to make you have spastic colon.  Hey.  I try.

Follow that star ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment