Monday, December 9, 2019

dumpster diving

This has been quite the day, gloomy but warm and windy ahead of the cold front.  I went to exercise this morning and made a few personal phone calls waiting for time to take my client grocery shopping.  That involved two wheelchairs because the motorized shopping scooters were both taken.  About the time I got him inside some kid came rolling up with one.  Our lucky day, so it seemed.  I parked the wheel chair in what I thought was an appropriate place to not get stolen and when I went to look for it after checkout it was gone.  OMG.  I asked the checker if she had seen anybody with it and she pointed to where their wheelchairs are parked.  Good save.

As we were wrapping up business I couldn't find the mailbox key despite multiple retracing of my steps from car to apartment.  I had dropped it on the office floor.  Whew.  He paid me twenty bucks and I took a small sack of garbage to throw in the dumpster.  When I headed to get something to eat I couldn't find the money that I thought I had put in my jacket pocket.  Somewhere between that office and my car I had lost it.  I kept telling myself I'd find it later stuck somewhere in my purse of car.  Nada.  The only thing I can think is that it was in my hand when I threw that bag of garbage.  Easy come easy go I reckon.  I'm sure not going back to town to dig through that dumpster.  

This is the second time I've lost a 20 in a month.  Hopefully whoever found them needed it more than me.  Happy to make somebody's day!  It's all on me because I'm not organized at all and stick money here there and yonder.  I've had three debit cards this year because of misplacing them.  I seriously need a keeper.  

Anywho, at least I can say I know how to drive the scooter at Cash Savers.  I got stuck trying to get over a bump back into the store and an elderly gentleman helped by giving me a push.  I guess the battery was about dead.  

Keep the faith ^j^  Oh, and PS.  I dropped an entire brisket sandwich from Arby's down my chest while driving.  





1 comment: