Saturday, December 7, 2019

put your lights on

I have two lamps that are very dear to me that don't work.  My friend T Lee is not only a master carpenter and woodworker but can also fix any damn thing.  I took the lamps to him this morning and he told me exactly what to get at Lowe's.   I love it when that happens.  We go alllllll the way back to teenage shenanigans.  The last time I went by there he and Logan were in the shop working on a piece for Logan's house and he gave me two bags of crappie fillets.  Pure gold, people.

Pecan picking is at a standstill for now until the next weather event or freeze.  One of my fondest memories is of my youngest brother climbing a pecan tree and shaking the devil out of it.  It was raining nuts!  

So I'm hearing that the White House declined the invitation to be a part of the impeachment hearings.  That says a lot right there.  If they were all innocent as they claim I'd say it would be a good move to at least show up and quit calling it a witch hunt.  This is serious business. The way that his cohorts are ignoring subpoenas I'd say they think they're above the law.  

I remember a conversation a few years ago with a friend about how we, as boomers, had known the best of times and that is gone..the simplicity.  The innocence.  The little guy who could support his family through small business and agriculture.  Unless we preserve that heritage for our kids and grandkids, they will never know how good we had it.  

My daughter was born into the financial boom and subsequent crash of the 80s.  We had two cars, owned a home and could afford quality daycare.  We went on family vacations.  My income, of course, was cut in half after the divorce but we had struggled so trying to maintain that lifestyle and credit was easy.  That whole snowball landed in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy back when they were available.  Now it takes an act of Congress for that.  

Once again, I found myself strapped and had to resort to a Chapter 13 four and a half years ago.  It's so close I can smell it.  That will give me 150 bucks a month for a car payment.  I've never been a very good money manager, I agree.  But I'm learning as a retiree on a fixed income to make ends meet.  If I find a part time cash job, and they show up when least expected, that keeps me out of overdraft.  I've done everything from water flowers to take a list and do the grocery shopping.  I enjoy doing things like that because it broadens my view on life, so to speak.  

Y'all keep on the sunny side ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment