Wednesday, April 17, 2019

home sweet home church

Here we are in the midst of Holy Week.  I've attended most of the Lenten services on Wednesday at noon in the chapel and have been blessed beyond measure.  Today there were stations of the cross in the sanctuary which I lovingly took my time visiting, reliving the events leading to the crucifixion.  I was the only one there and it was quiet.  By the time I got to the altar I was in tears as I knelt to pray.  I felt so humble and so grateful for the community of believers there that have been such a big part of my life.  It took a long time following the deaths of my parents for me to go up in there and not lose it.  My friend Delores held my hand through it.  At the communion rail I lit candles for my parents and for Lauren and Reaves.  

Ellie ate my driving glasses some time ago and I've been winging it but finally went for an eye exam today.  Very little had changed in three years and all looked good.  It was quick, pleasant and informative.  Thanks to all involved at Family Eye Care for making that happen.  BTW, their cash pay price for an exam is 30 bucks less than Wallyworld.  

With four animals and farm dust all over the house I decided my best vacuum option was a shop vac so I bought one yesterday.  Nothing fancy, but it works wonders.  I've read about all the millions being pledged to aid in the reconstruction of Notre Dame and have to wonder why folks won't give that freely to the least of these.  I'm funny that way.  Those poor folks in Puerto Rico are still struggling with the basics and yet another hurricane season is on the way.  

I am thrilled to announce that I am now a "top fan"of Kristen Hampton.  This gal never ceases to make me laugh.  I'm a top fan of a lot of unconventional comedy.  It's just how I'm wired.

Happy hump day folks.  Keep the faith ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment