Friday, April 19, 2019

between the lines

So many people tend to read something into one's words that were not the intent of the author.  I'm just as guilty as the next guy though not the way I used to be.  I take most interactions at face value and don't get offended easily.  I am a very direct person and I became that way through finding out what my core beliefs are.  About myself. About humanity.  As I find a new piece, or one that has been hidden away, I incorporate it into the big picture that is the rest of my life.  Learn from your mistakes.  Be kind to others.  Stay true to yourself.
 
Even while the "base" is rejoicing over the no collusion thing, there are a lot of underlying issues unfolding.  For example Trump's nasty responses to a report that was unusually well crafted and should have been reason for a period of quiet.  For two years we have been on a "witch hunt" to get him.  In his words "that's bullshit."  When was the last time you heard a sitting POTUS say bullshit?  Yeah.

He is his own worst enemy, no doubt.  His stubborn persistence on being right and having the last word will be his downfall.  It's not a matter of if but when.  We are approximately 18 months away from an election which is what it will take to turn the tide.  I'm not endorsing anybody at this point just doing research.  This vote will count. 

Today is, of course, Good Friday.  The cross is draped in black, waiting quietly as we ponder what happened that day.   My friend and I were discussing this the other day mid-air about how the crucifixion must be felt in the heart.  That's the beauty of the gift, so to speak.  

Peace be with you ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment