Tuesday, April 9, 2019

good news

My BP is 120/60!  Of course that is because I take a pill prescribed by my GP.  I don't like feeling that way ya know?  When the adrenaline is rushing is when I'm ready to go for it.  Me and Carol "ate mexicans" today prior to work. Ain't nothing like a cute waiter/ess  taking your order.  I think we hit 80 today but I can't swear to it.  I just know I worked up a sweat in between air conditioners.  

There is really ugly spot at the point where Samaria Bend crosses over 51S.  Once upon a time the junkyard was a decent place but ummm...now it's a hot mess.  You got your people hauling metal off the highway and weighing it up.  Sometimes pieces fall off like the one I saw yesterday.  Across the street is some kind of shed where guys get out and play with cars that never move and don't work.  Mr. Smith is right next door and is an excellent addition to our community.  As far as I know the junkyard people rent the empty car lot next to the pond. 
Imagine passing by this 5 times a day and dodging the screws and whatnot.  Not to mention the metal piece in the middle of the road.  You gonna' do business?  Clean it up.

I went down to the cabin today and found Daddy's dogwoods in full bloom.  They may make it 'til Easter which is a pretty special day.  My first experience with my mother's mortality was on an Easter Sunday as she was driving up to the corner of Main and McGaughey following Daddy who was all ahead of her for choir.  She had macular degeneration and couldn't see well enough to not pull out in front of somebody.  I was working and followed up.  It wasn't pretty what with the airbags and all.  She had one more wreck before it was over with the driving.  That's when Daddy took over.  Her favorite preacher Rev'd Cook showed up in the ER with a mini-sermon entitled "Surprise!"    

No comments:

Post a Comment