Thursday, July 5, 2018

world view

Like the rest of the universe I'm watching and praying for that soccer team.  It's a complicated situation to say the least.  They are weak, hungry and exhausted and will more than likely have to swim with the SEALs to get out.  The rescuers also face grave danger.  Can you imagine being a parent on the outside watching all this unfold on TV?  Bless their hearts, and God speed.

So the woman who got arrested under Lady Liberty's foot is charged with a plethora of federal charges for her protest.  Instead of seeing it as cool to see a defining moment in history, one dude bitched about her "ruining their trip."  I'm not endorsing what she did but I believe in her cause.  

Reaves got to see her first fireworks display last night with her Daddy and his tribe.  Kim said she was pretty amazed  at first but then got bored.  Her attention span is pretty short!  Kinda' like "oooh.  look . squirrel!" But then I'm the same way.

I picked the first ripe tomato yesterday so according to Billie's rule it's okay to fry the green ones.  There is another one ripening on the window sill.  This is the first summer that I've ever really had the time to tend to a garden, even if it is small.  Whatever is left of it will be a good start for whomever lives here next year.  Which may be me, who knows.  

Y'all stay cool.  I think this global warming thing might be hell on earth so buckle up buttercup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment