Saturday, July 21, 2018

like a bad dream

I spent a large part of yesterday working through the grief that comes with losing a good friend suddenly.  I've learned to just let the tears roll and go with the flow because that's part of the process.  It still doesn't seem real.  God bless her family.  

I am so sick of trolls I could scream but I just don't engage.  The last one commented that "numerous" presidents have been unfaithful and that has nothing to do with how he does his job.  That is exactly 100% correct Doc.  HOW he does his job is what bothers me.  I don't give a rat's ass about who he's had affairs with.  It is his polarization of our country and alienation of our allies that I object to quite strongly.  I did not vote for him but I am an American citizen and he is supposed to represent this country as a world leader.  He is a laughing stock and has pissed off more people in two years than I've known in my entire life.  He does not care about us, only about his agenda.  He truly believes he is cock of the walk and that is scary.  His recklessness with other world leaders and the security of our own country have put us in a very vulnerable position that most of us didn't ask for.  

For those of you who defend him, please quit blaming Obama and HRC for everything.  Why keep bringing up the past over and over again?  That is nothing but a smokescreen to take attention away from the damage he is doing.  The only comfort I find is in watching Colbert shred him every single night.  That alone makes me laugh it off.  

I remember one Halloween my Daddy dressed as Ross Perot.  It was a joke, of course because Perot didn't stand a chance in hell just like Bernie didn't.  And why?  Because the two parties are so powerful and get so much PAC money that a candidate who doesn't have access to all that AND a party is dead in the water.  I'm still disappointed in HRC, not because of Benghazi or emails or other talking points.  It's because of the way she treated Bernie during their campaigns.  That is also why she did not get my vote and he did.  Rant over.

We missed our only chance of rain yesterday but it's cooler so there's that to be thankful for.  I may be picking up a side job if we can pull all the details together.  We shall see how it goes with that.  At this point, I'm willing to do most anything that doesn't involve repetitive motion on these shoulders.  I have a lot of skills and talents and I'm still on the learning curve of retirement.  I still sleep a lot because I can and my body needs it.  

I choose to see the glass as half full.  How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment