Monday, July 2, 2018

today's adventure

I got up early and hit 412 this morning to sit with Reaves while Lauren did a meeting and grocery shopping.  The baby was asleep when I got there and stayed conked out until Lauren got home.  She had already decided to take her to the doctor because she has this cough going on and she felt feverish.  They took off for the clinic and I headed home to meet the tree cutting guy.  

As mentioned before, my only house key broke off in the back door a couple of weeks ago and I've been very meticulous about the door locking and whatnot.  This morning I had a brain fart and locked the front door.  As soon as it slammed shut I realized what I had done.  O.M.G  I continued on to Jackson and did the grammaw thing all the time plotting how to get back in.  My only hope was if there was an unlocked window with no screen.  Fortunately one was open so I hauled my rickety metal ladder up under it and proceeded to climb.  I managed to get my upper body through and found something to grab but the ladder was so unstable I had to inch my way in over the frame which resulted in me landing on my head and lots of cuts and bruises.  It looks like I was in a fight and lost.  You seriously cannot make this shit up.  

After I got in I then had to go BACK to four points to get pet food and litter and a bite or two for me.  By this time I'm dripping in sweat and this young girl about tenish noticed me struggling to reach something way back on the shelf.  I had tried to climb up there to grab it and she was even shorter than me but by golly she got it!  Good Samaritan of the day.  "Can I help you with something?" she said.  Don't tell me kids don't have manners.  

So I proceed to checkout and the newbie at the register told me there was an ERC alert on the cat litter and it couldn't be sold.  Do what?.  The manager was there and figured out that the cherry limeade ICE I had was recalled.  No wonder nobody has them!  It was the only one on the shelf.  

If you need a laugh just picture this old lady climbing up a ladder, through a window and falling on her chin.  Take a moment to visualize that one!


Be safe and happy y'all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment