Saturday, July 14, 2018

one man's trash

They say, is another man's treasure. Such is the antique business.  I visited a store today all divided up into little booths to see if they buy.  According to the nice lady I chatted with almost no antique business does.  The sellers go to estate sales and scoop up what they think will sell.  As I was on the way out I passed my old friend George from the cath lab and he introduced me to his wife.   I was shocked to see him though Ava had told me he was back.  I bragged on him to his wife about how much his spirit helped me out during our beginning days of the cath lab.  

Next stop was the pawn shop where I left a tote full of camera equipment with Denver to research.  I trust him to do the right thing.  It's already smoking hot out there and I was sweating like a pig when I got home.  No more outside until the sun shifts later in the day.  Then I'll water the garden and go produce hunting.  I noticed when I visited the neighbor that she feeds squash to her chickens!  Go figure.  Her squash are a lot bigger than mine.  

My FB memory du jour was one that I posted three years ago when my Daddy was dying.  He has on a Santa hat and a big smile along side my friend the little general.  After a surgery that revealed a HUGE infection in his belly from an old hernia repair, he spent his last birthday at the nursing home.  After that came two more surgeries and a week in ICCU with him struggling to breathe from anesthesia induced lung damage.  A very kind and smart Dr. Ategbole urged me to "let him go" which we did.  Two days after starting in house hospice care he died.  Alone.  That haunts me still.  I got the call from my friend Ms Anita and we managed to convince Mama that she was there when he died.  Tommy and I had already planned that.  Otherwise, she would have never left the room and was very fragile herself.  Being on site during both of their deaths is the biggest blessing I received while working there, hands down.

I slept long and hard last night with dreams about going swimming and Methodist ministers.  Who knows right?  I rarely remember them but I've been dreaming a lot more lately.  Even though I watched the royal tea party live, I failed to notice that Trump walked in front of Queenie which is a big no no.  Oblivious, he just raised his chin and inspected the guard with her trailing behind.  Rude.. Someone commented that the "fake news" about that protest in London is because the Muslims banded together.  Looking at pictures all I see are white faces.  I guess that's fake.  Maybe the Muslims were cropped out.  I'm sure there are a lot of Caucasian ones as well.

Y'all stay cool and hydrated.  Looks like a good chance of rain on Monday so we shall suffer silently until then.  I am forever grateful for a good air conditioner at this point.  Gratitude is the key.  










No comments:

Post a Comment