Sunday, July 22, 2018

resolution

I just got back from several very strenuous hours with a young lady who would have no part of a nap.....she's a fighter like that.  So we had breakfast and played while Mom slipped off for a nap.  It has become our routine.  She has this jumpy thing in the corner and her legs haven't been long enough for it so we checked it out today and she LOVED it.  Jumped like a little madwoman and smiled the whole time.  I would say the word and she'd go at it.  Thank you Millette for that lovely piece of joy as well as "the jail" that sits next to it.  She was all laid up in Mama's lap with a bottle when I left just chilling but when I said "jump" she did her legs and grinned.  She also like having me sing along with the push button console toy that plays baby songs.  

Traffic was light and the landmarks usual as I traveled back to the 'burg.  I like driving on Sundays because it's not so crazy.  My friend Anita will have her life honored at her home church next Saturday.  I expect large crowds and lots of tears so bring tissues.  I have never been to Jones Street but I've heard her family talk about it so much I feel like I have been.  

I have an empty week except for a cheap date with Carol some time or another.  We're gonna' hit up McDonald's dolla' menu one day.  She got Reaves some clothes the other day which are always needed.  Like she said "they grow fast."

I don't mean to be an alarmist by any means but I think we should all take a good hard look at the way this whole Russia thing is playing out and at least CONSIDER the possibility that our POTUS is being played.  Bless his heart that he doesn't get it but damn y'all.  Even the Soviets are now saying to us "y'all better watch your backs."  We know he's an expert with poison as is NOK.  Remember when old girl got pushed in front of the train by Frank Underwood?  Yeah.  That's what happens to investigative journalists.

I picked all green tomatoes yesterday, fried 'em up in my mama's iron skillet and ate every last morsel with ranch dressing.  Nirvana, I tell you.  That wiped out the produce for awhile.  

Faith is believing in something that you cannot see but believe to be real.  It has kept me going through a lot of dark times and I look for God's hand in every little thing.  It may not be what I wanted or expected, but anything can be a blessing if you let it.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment