Friday, July 27, 2018

some days i think well......

And other days I don't know.  Today is an I don't know day.  This full moon is supposed to be opening up new possibilities and such and I have felt the activity this past few days.  I got a glimpse of it for about 30 minutes last night until a rogue thunderstorm came through and it rained really hard.  Maybe that will help my pitiful little garden bounce back.  At least the grass has quit growing.  Mowing season will soon be history.  I've enjoyed having the little garden but the bounty has been not so much.  Maybe next year.  

I haven't read the news because I know who it's about and I'm done.  I've done my part by voting so let the cards fall where they may.  Today I feel very humble and small.  Kind of disconnected so to speak.  Like in purgatory or something.  I'm sure it's a growth spurt of the soul.  I feel sad and I don't know why.  My phone just dinged with a breaking news update from Blue Ridge Life. It has it's own sound, you know.  We chatted awhile yesterday which is a blessing of being online.  You can multi task!  

A ton of people have come and gone at our hospital lab.  I got a cheery call yesterday from Kay and Martha inviting me to an "old timers" lunch next Friday complete with a BBQ butt.  Sounds like a good idea what with all the transitioning.  A lot of us will see each other at Anita's funeral tomorrow, holding hands I'm sure.  

Any day now I expect to see the surprise lilies pop up,  They always remind me of Daddy's funeral because my brother picked a bunch of them for Mama to set by her chair.  It must be ESP because he just dinged again.  

My brother already has his stone set at the Carter family place down in front of Gerald's so I drove down to a look see yesterday.  I had a moment with it under the shady canopy of trees but it was pretty strange to see in stone.  He is always the ultra prepared one.  I'm mostly a hot mess living by the seat of my pants.  

I lack a few more episodes of OITNB before I indulge in brand spanking new stuff.  I'm still suffering with PTSD over The Handmaid's Tale withdrawal.  I can hear a train going by over in Southtown but otherwise it's quiet except for the click of little critters on the floor.  Lily is being a diva again so she's about to visit mouseland OUTSIDE.  I have boundaries, bitch.

Hope you and your mama'n'them are doing well.  I'm keeping the faith.  

No comments:

Post a Comment