Sunday, October 8, 2017

with a full heart

I'm handicapped on sharing baby pics which is probably a relief to most of y'all because I'd be over the moon with them.  I'm still "not on Facebook" on my phone so when I take pictures I email them to myself and then try to post from there.  That's not working today but whatever.  I can gaze at that face anytime I want to on my badass phone.  

Yesterday was a lot of bonding, grocery shopping and cooking in Jackson.  I took green tomatos with me and fried those up along with some squash.  We didn't even need meat after all that.  Sam got some too because I promised him.  Lauren offered me the bed for the evening so when I got up this morning we traded places and grammaw and Reaves had some quality time for a few hours.  

She's a typical two week old infant, wanting to be held and pacified which we usually do.  She's finding her thumb and feet and quite alert except when milk drunk.  Gripe water is the best thing ever invented and I only wish I had had some back in the day because just about every feeding ends up with hiccups.  She was fussy yesterday, probably because of the intrusion into their little cocoon of a home by grammaw.  Or maybe it was just gas!

None of the headbands she has fit her head ( too big ) so Erica came in with one last night that actually stayed on for a minute.  Too stinking cute.  I had the opportunity to people watch while outside smoking and got tickled at this little boy kicking a soccer ball like a football.  He managed to get it stuck in a tree but got it out.  

I delivered MORE presents which we opened per written color coded instructions.  I sent Claudia a picture of Reaves with the blanket over her.  Kay's diapers and Janie's formula were a proud addition to the household.  As it happened, this was Lane College homecoming weekend so we got treated to a halftime performance being practiced over and OVER again from a couple of streets over.  The whole area was blocked off for the festivities.

Me and Reaves watched CBS Sunday Morning together which is something that I miss.  My parents got me hooked on it years ago.  Today they covered Nate, Tom Petty and Las Vegas in no particular order.  

Ya'll have a great week.  I'm taking it one day at a time~

No comments:

Post a Comment