Monday, October 30, 2017

a friend's a friend forever

Friendship has been a real blessing to me over the years and a lot of it has been online.....virtual friends made over time and blended with the ones I've actually seen.  I can say for a fact that Facebook is the absolute greatest prayer chain starter you ever could imagine and I'm sure that never crossed Zuck's mind.  Social media is here to stay and actually makes life much easier.  Take this past month for instance.  Lauren and I didn't know if we were coming or going most of the time and FB was a way to stay in touch with folks on the big one crisis after another deal.  

Tomorrow is Dr. West's last day at the clinic and Lauren will be bidding him farewell as he gives her a checkup on all that happened.  We only saw him one time in the hospital at the beginning of the induction.  Well, except for that night he came up because he was worried about her fever spiking ( and he wasn't even on call.)  "Ms Parker" he said.  I need for you to calm down.  On that particular night I was oblivious to her pain and rising temp because I was in charge of Reaves at the apartment.  Lerd.  

The skunk smell has faded but the coyotes are still howling.  Most of the crop is in and the landscape is that mid tone brown with patterns in it left by farm equipment in a zig zag fashion.  Getting ready for the next season which is winter.  Maybe I'll get to enjoy a snow from that picture window that's been covered for two years.  The living room is somewhat navigable now that the toys are gone and the dining room is clean again.

No political rant today.  However I will mention how deeply disturbed I am about Trump people funneling money from the Ukraine for their own personal use.  Get 'em Mueller....every damn one of them.

I have an MRI on my aching shoulder in the morning and a doc's appointment next week.  I did the required PT and gobble down NSAIDS and use the therapy ball.  And still, it hurts.  Time to move forward.


Good night, John Boy ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment