Saturday, October 21, 2017

harvest time

I came home to the familiar sight of bean dust blowing in the wind.  My friends Tommy and Shirley were doing their ride around and take pictures thing an this is one of their favorite places to ramble.  Tom got me to hold the pecan branch because it was blowing into his shot.  That was after he told me to move my car out of his shot!!  Heh.  

Besides the sawmill ( let's not go there ) my outing for the day was to Curry's for yet another visitation, this time with the family of Mitch McDivitt.  His parents and mine were part of a group that stuck together for years until they started dying off.  Daddy kept telling me during the last five years of his life that Frank Agee prolly wasn't gonna' make it this time.  As I type, he's still kicking....the last of a group of giants.  Well, Dr. Cook is still working so I guess he's got Agee beat.  All of the grandchildren in that family grew up with Lauren because we partied as families and they were together in school.  To the entire McDivitt family, I feel your pain.  Rachel and I discussed our business plan with promises to catch up soon with Chris and CoStarters.  The Mill is almost ready!

Blessed are the poor in spirit ~

No comments:

Post a Comment