Tuesday, October 17, 2017

4th time's charm

Little Miss Reaves will be 4 weeks old on Thursday.  The battles that her mama has fought this past month are enough to kill a grown man but she's been a real warrior woman.  The CT did, indeed, show a uterine perforation from the D and C so she was scheduled for an exploratory lap this morning.  I was at work and called to check on her pre-op and she was alone and a hot mess which in turn made me a hot mess.  All my work peeps told me to "GO NOW!" which I did and arrived about ten minutes after they took her to OR.  The lovely old hippie soul Kim and I watched hoarders, talked steps and napped during the coming hours.  

So, the perforation explains the infection.  The hole was beginning to scar over and was pushing against intestinal tissue thus the pain.  They poked and prodded, rinsed and patched and will hit her with another 24 hours of antibiotics.  She ain't a happy camper to say the least.  I wouldn't be either.  Today's heroine is Anna the 12 year old looking nurse who watched over us.  Kim and I thanked her a hundred times for being so precious.  Lord knows our little tribe needed some TLC.  

It's all been a blur of trips to Jackson and back with some work in between.  Thankfully I've slept in a bed a few nights in between couches and strengthened some friendships.  I've known the security of leaving the outcome to God by asking for prayer and feeling it.  Lauren happened to be one of the .5% who has had every imaginable complication of pregnancy except for diabetes and there was a scare there but they found her results.  

It's nobody's fault.  The process of induction is long and tedious and wears a woman's body out slowly so that by the time she delivers it's a relief.  C section recovery is normally 48 hours if all goes well.  That's when she got two units of blood and went home on iron only to return with toxemia a few days later.  A 24  hr mag drip on that visit.  Then came the D and C last Thursday and a septic visit to Ob triage on Saturday.  I am so sick of that hospital I could puke.  Yet I'm grateful for the care she's received.  She was just the one who got the big green weenie.

Peace ~

No comments:

Post a Comment