Thursday, October 12, 2017

little miracles

I left work early today to hook up with BG at the outpatient surgery clinic over at JMCRH.  The one doc that she never saw at the clinic happened to be the very one who discharged her and followed up with excellent post partum care for the past three weeks.  The staff on that floor was most excellent.  While I was there I caught up with an old friend in the blood bank and we talked business for a bit while Lauren was waiting to go back.  I seriously have never understood why hospitals tell you to be there four hours ahead of surgery time.  I mean really? Today's heroes were Dr. Atkinson and Edie the nurse from Saltillo TN who also works in Savannah.  Oh...and the receptionist out there herding family in and out from pre-op to recovery.  And of course always, the ever present African greeter up front.  I had lunch at the sawmill so I skipped the food court today. Mamye is taking care of the critters for me and she checked in expecting us to be snug at home right about the time BG rolled into surgery.  

The tribe kicked in full force today to take care of these girls and that brings me so much joy and faith in the goodness of human nature.  Thanks to all of you who have given our little family up to God.  I'll try not to bitch too much about Trump anymore but it probably won't work.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment