Saturday, January 5, 2013

worship and war

I haven't attended a church service in years unless you count funerals, and if so I'm about 80% "compliant". My oldest childhood friend is an undertaker so we learned early on that Big Ernie can be anywhere two or more are gathered. She has braved years of tromping around in black pantyhose sweating her cute little butt off going from one cemetery or in the July heat. My point is simply this..that I am a believer in a loving god who doesn't punish and always forgives. I found myself in tears earlier as I listened to my favorite version of Hallelujah and thanking BE for the healing that has taken place in our lives over the past few months. With both of us "talking to somebody" as my mama would say, we are learning to truly listen and not react so quickly to our respective issues. She was talking about how old she is the other day and I told her I'm proud that she did the work earlier in life than I did. Lord, ya'll. I thought I was freaking nuts!!

I just read a rebuttal to Michael Moore's piece about supporting the troops and I must say the author totally didn't get it. I have as much respect for our service people as anybody you'll ever see, which is why I hate to see them slaughtered over oil. We love ya'll and appreciate all that you do. That's why we want you here in America keeping US safe rather than guarding access to petroleum. Many lives have been changed by your compassion and skills and it's time to share that with your homies. Hey..if ya'll don't do it, who will? I can grow food but can't defend myself. If I had a gun, I'd shoot myself in the eye like Ralphie.

As for the media, shame on ALL of ya'll for sensationalizing the political polarization that is gripping this country. Paul Krugman? You are my hero. Reading your words and those of other sensible writers gives me inspiration to keep going when every idiot right winger that I know is ready to step on my last nerve. As for you Mr. Evil, Big Ernie knows your heart and everybody else's up in DC so ya'll best think about the sheep and goats thing now and then.

I watched a particularly violent movie the other day and my thoughts wandered to what effect that type of programming has on folks who have mental disorders where they can't tell what's real and what's not. Many a shooter has spent hours on end playing life like video games where killing is a sport. Strictly my amateur psychological opinion. As for the guns, I still believe that if you own you must register. No automatic weapons for sport or personal use. Keep it reasonable and your rights won't be "stomped" on. The hysteria that surrounds the entire issue right now is driven by media and politics.

Brother just delivered some hay for the horse so he won't starve after all. It's a good smell to open the basement door and have that scent hit you in the face! He is happily chomping on it as I type. There's also a bag of sweet feed...two cups a day plus a square of hay and he's good to go. Gotta earn my rental assistance, ya know.

Peace ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment