Wednesday, January 23, 2013

oscar takes a road trip

Things have been busy with the grands and whatnot so we just now made it to the vet's office for his rabies shot, post jail bailout. They know him by heart since he was adopted through them after being abused. She showed me the picture of his back that was taken two years ago and it made me sick all over again to think of the rage and mental illness involved with that type of abuse. That little thing about seeing a future psychopath, as a kid, mowing the heads off of kittens..It can be very true.

I checked in on the media's spin post inauguration and found poor Hillary C getting blasted over OUR government not providing "adequate" security in terrorist countries. Really ya'll? These folks will blow an IED to high heaven in the name of their cause. They plot and scheme and recruit the next generation to hate America. To accuse someone who has done her best of dropping the ball when the balls have been dropping for ten years is just wrong. Oh, and by the way Rand Paul? Thanks to sweet baby jeebus you were not in a position to fire her. Asshat. Your daddy is ashamed!

The gun thing will be going on long after I die, hopefully from something other than an assault rifle. It's a given that people who are scared will defend their rights and turn into extremists who think the government is out to get them. Hey. I'm old enough to say I've lived a good life and it ends tomorrow, I'm okay with it. I'm not necessarily convinced that there's a mansion with many rooms, but I think there's peace and love with the angels. I've seen too many of 'em not to believe. And you know what? Not a one of them support the NRAs' current hateful position. You wanna see some guy go Rambo on you, start messing with his kids.

Still cold, but sunny. That's a plus for hump day happiness. Every year about this time I start dreaming about spring, trying to remember that the nasty ass sweaty summer comes right behind. I am too old to do the yard, work full time, keep the car running and kinda' sorta' get the floors and shower clean so we can do it all again. To some who have not ever experienced any sort of inconvenient happens, it's not even imaginable. Not on their radar. I've been looking for jonquil buds and found several. Within a week there should be a decent crop beginning. The snowdrops are beautiful again, nestled under a mossy tree trunk.

All is well, for the moment ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment