Saturday, January 19, 2013

new life

Today is a teaser...warm enough to get out and about without freezing to death and the sun is shining. Following an early bedtime (I'm talking 7 ya'll) I woke this morning to the brilliant rays and sounds of shotguns. Ayep..duck season. The dogs haven't eaten since yesterday so here I go to the dollar store to get some food and uh..what else? Oh yeah..duct tape to secure the collision film. I can just see BG flying off the Mississippi river bridge because it pops open. Mom and daddy's new best friend was on duty so I stopped by to chat with her and go over the meds. As I pulled in I noticed that the crew doing the install on the irrigation system was on site so I visited and talked to the guy in charge. Told him I was Bubba's sister and he looked at me like I was nuts. Hey..maybe I am. Corporate has their progress report.

Our farmer friend and his girls are camped out for the weekend and Becca is steady trying to get Pride to play nice. He lets her brush his tail but not his mane. That's because his favorite position is something like KISS MY. She explained to me that he's just face shy. Shortly after that the fence crew showed up and did some more. I haven't looked but I'm assuming that Pride will wander no more. Sam is on the bed over there looking all sweet while he sleeps. He's my road dog...a metrosexual kind of dude who loves me warts and all and understands that sometimes it's just easier to crawl under the covers and sleep. People are concerned for me, and rightfully so. I have pushed myself beyond what is humanly possible for a middle aged smartass country girl who has passions that are fun but don't have any street value money wise. Truth be told, that's the only thing that has kept me sane. Over the years I've pursued a lot of dreams to the point of putting a plan in action only to find that $$ always gets in the way of art. To be worth anything, it must be either totally vintage old or Droid IVs new.

I chatted with one of my most trusted friends yesterday about life in general and we both agreed that recovery is hard and you need somebody to talk to along the way. We have been that for each other since day one. Her words were true, and scary and I was a different person after reading them. They gave me the resolve to let Big Ernie handle it and that's exactly what I needed to hear. My therapist can expect a call very soon, if you know what I mean. To all who have said a prayer or gave a hug either virtual or in person, I humbly say thank you. And don't worry...I'm not gonna just off a bridge or anything. Just going to seize the day ^j^

1 comment: