Tuesday, January 15, 2013

what day is it anyway?

Since I'm not a schoolteacher I'm not actively looking for snowbird to make a visit because frankly, that messes with the fragile balance of getting to work and back to make a living to put gas in the car to get back to work again. That is my life these days, punctuated with visits to the doctor, hospital ER,pharmacy, church and everywhere else. In an 11 year old car with one hubcap, a missing driver's side door handle and no front passenger window. Oh..and an oxygen sensor that's going bad and eating the crap out of some gas. BG is set to start a job this evening 30 minutes from home (no spare) in wintry mix. Talk about a leap of faith! We're sitting right smack on our asses as a result of numerous leaps. My only comfort is in knowing that a good friend who has both our backs lives in the same town. She's on speed dial with him.

Pride has been obedient since the new fencing went up prior to crop planting last year. After a year of having the run of our place I figured he would be mad and try to bust out the remaining stretch of rusty barbed wire that's next to the house. Guess what? Last night was his time! I woke up early this morning to several phone calls and glanced outside only to find his orneriness wandering in the yard. He didn't go far and as soon as I fed him, he was easy to get up. But REALLY??? Caring for him gets me a slight cut on rent, but it's not worth it sometimes. Add to that the cost of living here and you've got a no win situation. Stuck? You betcha. I have considered various alternatives to the financial situation and see it as a manageable thing once there is another income. That's why I haven't jumped on the BK wagon just yet. Besides...you gotta have $$ to file. Which I definitely don't have :) We ate last night thanks to BGs friend and my mom's cabinet. The friend barely has food for her kids so that means a lot in an of itself. Little miracles. They meet you where you are.

I made a run to the hospital this morning to visit my aunt granny and found her doing well, if a bit confused. After that it was down to the grands for allergy shot and head check. I was in the kitchen and my mom was telling me from the other room how to fix the fence. Daddy bared his arm for the shot that he probably doesn't need anymore, but is part of his ritual. It's warm and cozy in their house and a welcome relief from being in one room with space heaters. So is work, even! The car is sort of chilly because of the now window thing, but we're getting by so far. Sometimes, you just have to laugh to keep from crying. Know what I mean?

All happy thoughts appreciated ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment