Wednesday, January 9, 2013

humanity

Today has been one of those where I saw my true colors displayed all over the place. The manager of our municipal golf course stopped by yesterday after dark to tell me that some guy (knew his name) had been enjoying a cheap day of play on them and scooped up Oscar for a ride to the shelter. No tag, you're busted. This dog rides on the console between me and BG to the sawmill at 6AM in the cold with collision film whistling in my ear. They were closed by then, but we had a lead thanks to the trustee who saw the whole deal go down over by the cart shop. Needless to say, I was on the horn this morning promptly at 10 to inquire about said missing cute as hell dog. He reminds me of my daddy in a way...all furry and resisting comfort care. We adopted Oscar after he was abused by someone in the neighborhood who was carving out flesh from his back. The local humane society paid the vet bills to send him up to our house where he has it effin' made in the shade.

We stopped by the pro shop on the way home to tell Bobby thanks and the guy on duty said he was at the dog pound. Oscar was on a pink leash meaning he was not real happy about being led around but was enjoying the attention. The guy on duty had a nice I Phone and dialed him up real quick like only to find that he was in the lot at the "pound" about to go in and bail his buddy out. Dude gave me the phone and we talked about the whole ordeal while Oscar sniffed around and learned not to run so wild. That is exactly what gets your doggy ass in jail. He told me that Oscar helps the course out by keeping squirrels in the tree and moles dug up and killed. And then? He offered to give me back the seventeen bucks I spent on bail. That is a dog lover for sure. Said he had lost one recently like us. I'm thinking maybe I can get him a bath on the city's dime.

At this moment he's resting up from his latest adventure on my not so clean bed. Maybe between now and nighty night we can fix that. Two days off...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment