Wednesday, January 16, 2013

intervention

I got to sleep in this morning for a bit which was a good thing in and of itself. It's a blessing that I was juiced up and ready for what came next. Following a mandatory squat and pee for the second month in a row (random, of course) I was counseled on my erratic behavior as of late. Always the horse who delivers 150 %, I was in question because I had slacked a little. Made some mistakes like everybody does on a bad hair day when the old people are falling and need help or something similar. I may be late to my own funeral, but by golly I show up rain or shine and give it my all. If I am fault for anything it is for not taking care of myself by setting boundaries. That's always been a weak point for the old Poopster. The sand may be shifting, but I can still draw a line.

BG made it back from her work to pick me up so I could meet my brother and chat with the grands about Plan B. There was minimal discussion with a lot of threats made by you know who but it is what it is. It's not like he can call the law and have us arrested for trying to ensure their safety. New girl is very professional and good at note taking so that's a win-win. Helps to fill in the gaps when home health comes to call once a week. Back in the day, home health agencies were a dime a dozen around here. The funding was there and it made much more sense to keep old folks at home than to wear their kids out running them back and forth to the doctor and hospital. That was before geriatrics became a game of milking Medicare. Thanks be to Big Ernie, my parents don't see one of those. This dude is a true hospice provider.

Other than that, it's still cold as a well digger's ass but looks a bit warmer for about a week. Then we head into the teens again. If Sugardaddy would just show up I could rent a room with a jacuzzi and eat bon bons. Hey..there's people that do that and not all of 'em are rich. I've often wondered what I would do with the rest of the lottery money after I ate everything I wanted and visited Belize. Oh, and bought some top shelf booze. There are lots of great heartwarming causes out there that operate locally cutting out the administrative costs of a national organization. Case in point, Dyer County Community Cancer Fund. Google it ya'll.

A blessed hump day to each and every one of you and all ya'lls mamas and them.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment