Thursday, January 10, 2013

doggie style

When I picked Oscar up at the shelter yesterday a young man brought him up front carrying him gently and transferring him to my arms. He was shaking like I've never seen before and didn't stop until we got in the Camry with him on the console. That's when I slipped the leash over his neck and began our mission to thank the people who saved him. Last I heard there was a lot of conversation about the story on both sides of the fence with the lady who allowed us to adopt him squarely on Oscar's side. Some other lady said that he should be weighed and whatnot to make sure he was eating properly. The guy told me straight up that he is a joy and looks happy and healthy. I mean gah..he sleeps in the bed with me! That gets kinda prickly when he's got the burrs all stuck in his coat. He slept for almost 12 hours after we got home.

My friend Kim lost her baby today to a speeding driver who didn't even stop to check things out. Makes you wonder about people who are capable of doing that. At least put 'em out of their misery if it's not over or say I'm sorry to his owner. I'm really beginning to find my inner child these days, and she's pretty pouty. More and more I feel invisible to those around me who are caught up in their own respective dramas. Most of them have nothing left to give to me but I sure do need it sometimes. There are two or three at the sawmill who are always there with a hug and to let me cry. The rest of them just think I'm nuts and pretend not to notice the red eyes and sniffles. It is what it is, and however Big Ernie sees fit to feed my soul, I'm down for it. I'm transitioning from two crazy pills to one so that's a factor also.

Speaking of what is, my parents are doing as well as can be expected in that situation. I've let go of it again, content to let BE guide the ship. The more I try to "fix" it, the worse things get. We are one stress test away from giving up the ghost on diagnostics other than a little blood draw now and then and a visit to the geriatric guy. We have leads on a couple of folks who might pick up a few hours in the afternoon. Financing for them separately, i.e. nursing home for her and home home for him are not there. Period. And it's not Obama's fault.

I continue to find friendship and peace through blogging and photography but rarely have the time to pursue those things. Life consists of keeping gas in the car to get us to work and back so that we can repeat the whole process. Lather.Rinse.Repeat. Ya'll think I need a vacation????? That my last one was a freebie on my mom when BG graduated college is a scary thought. Not even a dang long weekend! Vacation used to be something that was planned and dreamed for. I'll never forget the day out by that beach when I threw out a random song request to the "entertainment" and they actually manged to come up with "How Long" when I asked for a Robert Cray tune. Big and Little are headed for that area this June as a celebration for two hard years of cancer treatment. Love 'em to death. He's an English teacher/coach which is kind of a weird combo. She is Quaker and proud of her heritage. There are grandkids now and everybody goes on vacation when they do it up. We met at work over thirty years ago and have shared joys and sorrow, peaks and valleys all that time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment