Sunday, April 10, 2022

triumphal entry

I gotta' hand it to the Lord man.  He provided perfect weather for a palm sunday service that started outside on the front steps with palm branches and headed on into the church for a lovely service.  The whole thing was creative and nobody had a clue what to do except march on up in there singing the song and waving palms.  We were treated to several moving choral pieces both  voice and bells.  I had gotten up to go visit my friend Louise on the other side and she wanted to know what was going on outside.  I went to check and didn't have time to run back and get Cathy!  I actually made it to SS and there was a reception afterward for Dakota and his family.  I sat among friends the entire time and we all got the meaning of this day.

My friend Gay taught me the secret of hugs to release oxytocin.  Not just a one armed church hug but one that lasts a long time.  She and Joy came to visit today and Huck and Oscar had a large time playing in the yard.  Oscar can hold his own for an old dude.  The girls came and we did several things like making cookies and picking flowers.  We were  going to plant some but Reaves got distracted on picking 'em.  Then it was electronics time and I just sat on  the porch with the door open listening to the giggles.  She is excited about meeting her cousins at the easter egg hunt next Saturday.  Then we have a photo shoot for the three of us.  I imagine we'll all be wore out by then.  

And so, Holy week begins.  Our SS teacher gave us the timeline of what happened every day of the week from the entry on a donkey to the cross.  That's a lot to take in if you really think about it plus none of the Gospels tell the same story.  

Y'all be happy and healthy.  And take the little moments of Joy as they come ^j^  


No comments:

Post a Comment