Thursday, April 14, 2022

free at last

Well, I spent my 24 hours in FB jail with freedom to arrive again at 7:30 which is right around the time I posted to a friend saying " I'd tell you but I'd have to kill ya" Okay y'all I get it and 'twas actually a cool experience I could still read just not comment or post.  On top of that I lost my debit card somewhere and had to go to the bank to deal with that.  Kroger....two trips.  The first was to go in and get the stuff they told me were out of and I knew damn well they weren't.  That's not the first time I've done that, BTW.  The customer service rep made up for that by actually going OUTSIDE to see if my card was out by the Boston ferns.  

This morning I woke up on my own, knowing that I had an appointment for a CT.  It's an easy test without contrast which I could not have because of the high creatinine.  I definitely know the drill out there including the photo badge and where you're going.  I wish we had that back in the day when nutcases would sneak in and sleep in outpatient surgery.  I kid you not.  No results on the scan yet, at least to me.  It's pretty cool having a portal to stay informed.  

I started reading "The Agnostic Christian" by Leslie Weatherhead today.  It was signed by the late great Billy Yates to my Daddy in 1983.   What I've read so far is pretty cool and suggests that there is one God and if you fall in love with Him instead of the theology and its' differences, you've found the sweet spot.  As for me, I've always had doubts and I asked Daddy about them more than once.  He was a Baptist who flipped to the UMC because of my Mama and I could understand why he and Yates bracketed so many paragraphs, with underlined passages.  Organized religion turns a lot of believers off and usually those are the very ones who are seeking one true loving God and forget the details.  The very things that I loved most about the UMC growing up was diversity with a good dose of creed mixed in.  Gotta' have that doxology, but sometimes the words are different!  Last Sunday a couple of men sang and it reminded me of the old men's quartet that was Billy G, John F, Steve C and Bob H.  They were a legend.

I'll be enjoying the Passover meal tonight and get my feet washed.  Not literally, but..you know.  Maundy ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment