Tuesday, March 15, 2022

the power of words

You gotta' be careful what you say or write these days because words can hurt.  Or trigger. Or otherwise damage people.  I have always written in a way that I don't name folks personally except for the ones you all know about who are friends and family.  That style has worked well for me.  When I wrote about "the sawmill" my boss freaked out because she said everybody knew I was referring to my job.  There were numerous attempts over the years to fire me for doing what I thought was right and not being understood by the powers that be.  They are too numerous to name and that is history.

I have never claimed to be right, only reflective on life as I see it.  I don't have an ounce of ugly in me even when I feel mistreated.  I just walk away from it and pray.  Lord, I hate confrontation.  But sometimes that's what it takes to clear the air.  I welcome that opportunity because I'd much rather not have that burden.  The world is crazy enough as it is.  

Mayme says the wildlife are acting strange so be careful.  We watched a  group of four geese glide around at paradise today and were mesmerized.  They are seriously loving it!

Keep the faith ^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment