Friday, March 4, 2022

better late than never

After several wakeup calls I have finally realized that not eating healthy shit will bite you in the ass.  With the help of dietary gurus I've learned what I like and how to eat it without preservatives.  They even taste bitter to me now.  I don't like many veggies except for asparagus and lentils.  Plus I am a pasta freak.  Usually I don't eat meat because you have to COOK it and watch closely.  Three times a week is my max.  There is stuff thawing in my frig right now to throw on the grill tomorrow.  I grew up eating fresh food from daddy's garden and he even had a cow processed on occasion.  At least he knew what it was eating!

I grew up in the era that saw no-till become a thing which revolutionized crop production.  As the years have passed, the fields have been carefully ditched and planted on a rotated basis.  This is a wheat year and I'm loving the greenery, though it got bit by the ice.  There is one buttercup blooming in Daddy's yard but there's a whole bunch more about to bust open.  That one can be for Reaves to give somebody tomorrow when they come.  She loves it like her Gaga.  There are tons at my old house so I'll be checking that out as well.  God love us, spring is almost here.

Im'a not going to dwell on the state of our world.  All I can think of right now is that faith will keep us floating if we just do the right thing.  Because in the end?  It's all about the sheep and the goats ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment