Monday, March 21, 2022

an afternoon with boy

I was sitting on the front porch yesterday when this pretty black and tan long legged dog came in my yard.  At first I thought he was a pit but then realized it was a young doberman.  Beautiful dog with a tan face and paws plus splotches of white on his chest.  I invited him up on the porch and found out quickly that he was a sweet and gentle critter without an ounce of mean.  He had no collar and resisted Oscar's attempts to start a fight.  He let me pet him and he wandered around checking out the yard.  Oscar was going nuts so I put him inside and enjoyed some one on one time with Boy.  Fed and watered him.  Last time I looked at dusk he was in the Pritchett Farm parking lot next door.  This morning he was headed either back home or to a new one.  I called him Boy because my friend has a pit by that name.  I think he's "somebody's dog."  Mainly because he kept trying to go in the house!  It was a totally random moment that helped to lift my spirits..  They have been sagging lately.  

Bubba came by and we traded so tired of being tired woes.   We talked about Daddy telling us..."Just wait.  It will get worse the older you get."  And of course, he was right.  He had a lot of wisdom as an elder who saw a hard life and got the chance to live every farmer's dream.  It was a win win for all of our family.  I think that I got my tenacity from him.  I can be like a dog with a bone if I pick my battles.  

My stoma is hurting and looking kind of jagged so I may have to get tortured with silver nitrate in Ripley.  It hurts like a mofo but it worked the last time. We watched Ketanji Brown's opening statement today and I felt a twinge of pride that this smart lady has support on both sides of the aisle.  Maybe there's hope for us after all ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment