Tuesday, March 31, 2015

the small stuff

I just got off the phone with my mother who wanted to know if it would be too much trouble for me to take lunch Thursday and return her home from hair. Bubba will have the front end just like on Sundays. Who knows when BG is off but the cadi is much more memaw friendly and was in fact given to us for that very purpose. Somehow I think it will all work out since I've scooped up her out of that Steel Magnolias beauty parlor for years with Glenda and Angel standing by. Oh, and Ms Barbara!

I got out and about in the Four Points area today and stopped by the diner with pool tables out back where Mary Lou used to serve the lunch crowd. Let's just say, call ahead. I played Trivia while the cook did her thing and headed on over to Gigi's house for a visit while I ate. She was ass deep in files from her business and is moving soon so there's a whole lotta' sorting going on. I sat with my back on Wayne's knees and inspected his poor little noggin where melanomas have been removed. More sun damage, especially on a bald guy. I told them about my actinic keratosis deal and we all agreed that the old timers wore long sleeves and hats for a reason. Just my luck...I'm moving to Florida and can't lay out.

Always the inquisitive rebel I'm looking quite closely at the Green Party candidate Jill Stein. If Senator Warren can convince the banks that they're not going to get another bailout and a healthcare environmentalist can make some noise, we might have a chance. Otherwise it's just more GOP bullshit. This Indiana thing is absurd. Ditto for Israel. We are not the world leader we once claimed to be but a country dependent on foreign trade agreements for survival. Our leadership has failed on many different levels and it's always partisan bickering and back biting that get attention. This time it's different y'all. Hide and watch.

Lily the kitty has sneaked her way up under the desk quietly so I guess she's hungry. And so are the dogs I bet. The official head count remains at 10 as of yesterday afternoon. Please call your local fosters and give them my number or else bring big bags of food. My address changed last year when corporate decided to (rightfully so) rename the little road formerly known as Council for the old horseman. This went to voter reg/911/everybody else official including the USPS. None of these folks had a problem with it but mapping systems are like "what?" Anyway, pizza guy is eternally lost on the way to my house.

Hosanna ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment