Sunday, March 29, 2015

damn skippy

My favorite character in the Stephanie Plum books is none other than Lula herself, she of spandex glory and a large appetite. It is through that series that I came to understand Stephanie's addiction to Tasty Kakes which the dolla' gentral started carrying when Hostess shut down. Now? I can't find them anywhere. I've already had my outing of the day which included a DG run as soon as they opened. Bedtime has been early lately, even before sundown. My body is still on winter time.

I sit here tapping away, only the second Sunday that I've missed eggs and doughnuts since Lori started. Daddy has new pants and Mom has more than she will ever wear so they just need some help getting their act together and making the earrings match. Plus she takes them giving brother and I Sunday mornings off. Win-win, if you ask me. Our traditional after church breakfasts have been all over the Dyersburg map. We started at Mel's Diner a little hole in the wall where the waitress just wanted a job where she could go to church. And you know what? That Easter Sunday Mel's shut down on Sundays forevermore. How's that for a miracle?

We also went through a Perkins phase where the tables were usually sticky but the food and people magnificent. I noticed in today's news that law enforcement is using the old hotel for emergency response training before it's torn down. Great idea! BG used to work the desk there and told me about duck hunters who stayed and actually cleaned their birds in the bathtubs causing major sewage problems. It was owned by a former co-worker who now makes his living doing plastic surgery. Go figure that one. How fitting that the new builders will be a CVS.

I actually SAW puppies yesterday moving around in the dark with the assistance of my handy dandy badass phone that is hopelessly cracked and not paid for. There is indeed a gray and white one and lord knows how many black ones. Pretty soon those 50 pound bags of dog food will last less than a week. I haven't heard if Sally has had her border collie babies but it's close to time. Hers are sold, while mine will be posted on every cute little puppy site I can Google. Hell I might even take them up to the gas and chicken store in the back of a pickup. It happens right there in South D'burg. As for me, I'm doing chair yoga and interpretive dance and listening to boy singing of the Mark Ronson and Maroon variety.

Like we say to the dogs "Y'all go outside and play it's PRETTTTTYYYY"





No comments:

Post a Comment