Tuesday, March 3, 2015

off the grid

Today started out like any other with me rolling out of the bed at six (got to sleep in) and beginning to wander on my day off. I had to go to the chicken store right off the bat and prayed for a deer not to cross the lane because the fog was so thick it would have been deadly for both of us. After creeping back home with the bum windshield wiper blade flapping at me (must.fix.today.) I came home to find Lorna stirring. No sooner did she get vertical and drink some green tea than she passed smooth out on the floor and busted her knee. BG woke when she hit the floor and we did our nurse tag team thing until she came around. Sweet tea does wonders for what ails a country girl.

By this time the dolla' gentral was open so I headed up that way to get supplies for the upcoming ice storm redux. There are still patches of ice from two weeks ago clinging to the ground next to the barn but they should melt when it hits fifty something today. Then.....back to almost Zero on the other side of the ice and snow. That should be fun with no de-icer to be found. Guess we'll have to go organic and mix something up.

"The speech" will begin soon and I'm kind of curious about how the whole thing plays out. We shall see if anybody in either party can play nice. Al Franken and Elizabeth Warren have passed along with a whole lot of others. IMHO this is one of the most flagrant up yours moments in recent Republican history. Hell, even the moderates are ashamed of their cohorts. McConnell is back paddling among others, and Rand Paul is noticeably absent from the fray. Gotta' have a strategy for job security, you know.

The survivor in me is planning for the worst and hoping for the best. Because that? Is how I roll. Keep the faith ^j^

1 comment: