Thursday, March 5, 2015

blinded by the snow

I live in Tennessee right close to three other states which all border the Mississippi River. Our weather is temperate usually with a long growing season that (used to) begin in April. We are not prepared for eight+ inches of snow two weeks after a major ice storm. I set my alarm for 4AM and when it went off peeked out to see that the windshield didn't look too bad so I slept for 30 more minutes. Needless to say there is no carport, much less garage so the Camry was parked facing the kitchen wall again, hoping for the best. It took 30 minutes of de-icing to get the doors open and when I was on a break from that my boss called to say that her hub the 911 director was scooping us all up for work. He made fresh tracks in the big ass truck and dropped me off first carrying on to pick up the rest of the day crew. Needless to say, it was a slow day. Things pick up when the ice melts a little and the fools get out for more bread and milk. I got a ride home with a co-worker who even stopped at the store for me . I did fall on the ice one time today but I'm gonna' spare the details of that little incident. Nothing is torn, just a little extra soreness in that left hip. I should be out taking pictures of the whole deal but I choose to stay inside and watch from the warmth. With a low of 5 tonight, it's not going anywhere. This morning when I was de-icing in the dark with 25 mph gusts blowing snow all I wanted was to be back in that warm bed with SammyD.

Lorna feels better and that's good because I was really worried when she hit the floor. The sun is out and that does wonders for the spirit. BG and the doggies went out to play a bit and there would be snowcream only....no milk. I blame Kroger and the zombie hordes of Wednesday afternoon. I seriously don't want to witness that kind of madness ever again. There will be flooding and mud and all those spring things that follow winter, but I've been there done that as well. All you can do is to move forward and keep the faith.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment