Saturday, March 28, 2015

customer ready

I hate the mall and hate to shop which is why I never have anything but scrubs to wear. Mama is an armchair shopper who has bought and returned more than I've ever even purchased. Last week on my day off Daddy asked me to take him to get pants for him and pajamas for her. Tippi took him instead and helped pick stuff out. Now, I know my mother like a book and I knew from the get go those pjs would have to be returned. Indeed, and her big idea was for me to hit JCPenney at door opening block buster savings time and exchange the jammies for Dockers. She's already ordered her pajamas by phone. Oh.My.Lord. I got there before they opened and notice a couple of gangstas' hanging out nearby in what was obviously a pimped up car. I locked the door, btw. There was nothing in there worth stealing except for my badass camera and that just wouldn't be a good thing to have it stolen right at the peak of spring.

I heard through the pipeline that my brother is about to be back on the air doing what he does best...being a weatherman in a different location. Some dreams just never die. I remember him as a kid with all his weather equipment and scanners being the keeper of his world and ours. He would rewire shit where something different would come on when the switch was pushed! While I was waiting for the mall to open I cruised over to where other brother works and got some gas. We chatted through the plexiglass window and carried on with our day...he at work and me running errands.

The wheat is a gorgeous backdrop to spring flowers and also looks pretty good to all the dogs. Chester and his red friend have been over today but still no puppies out and about. Ryder sleeps a lot when she escapes into our house away from those little cries. At times like these when the pure goodness and beauty of life pour out on me and give me strength I remember why I became a Christian. I was raised that way, of course, at the UMC on Main and McGaughey. Somewhere along that road to Emmaus it became real to me that the good news Jesus was sent to bring was all about love and tolerance and faith. Yet we deny belief in a loving God every single time we attack someone else for their religious beliefs. My personal belief is the Jesus was perfect and got treated like crap. He did miracles and showed everybody how to have fun and then an angry mob turned him over due to political pressure. Sound familiar?

We are in forward motion and that is a very good thing. It beats the hell out of re-living the past. Some artisan or another is at work in the to-die-for house which may be cabinet guy. It's gonna be a pure work of art when it's done, I'm saying. SD? Where you at?????

No comments:

Post a Comment