Friday, April 25, 2014

spring has sprung

I mean all over, full blown tree pollen time for about two weeks now. Plus Mr.Farmer is out there kicking up dust with a tractor. Nothing says spring like cutting the grass for that first time of the season. I noticed that there is a big spot with no grass near the patio so it will be part of said patio shortly. Truth be told, that's where the garbage lived until the thaw came in early April. I hear somebody somewhere says the next 8 years will be like that *sigh*. I'll just have to call cabs to get to the sawmill. Had I been really aware the night before that Armageddon was coming in the form of 6 inches of ice, you can bet your sweet ass I would have been in town where I can get to stuff. That morning was eerie with Shannah in her gown tail trying to help me dig out. The straw that tore my shoulder broke the camel's back is when I fell on the icy front steps going back and forth to try to get my car doors open. That didn't happen until the next day, by the way.

My youngest brother is arriving sometime over the weekend and we chat pretty often so he was kind of concerned that mama seems a tad "confused" is how he put it. Oh boy, as Mr. George would say. He said that she was upset over something and was maybe Daddy worse? Get this. She was mad because he didn't answer his phone the first time she called. Honey, if I was getting fined for every missed mama call I'd be in deep trouble....plus he has two toddlers and a business and lives 14 hours away. I totally get what he and his wife have created for themselves, a life filled with rural delights delivered with an earthy edge. There are many vineyards and microbreweries and a big emphasis on art and small business. Their children are growing up literally in the world that Earl Hamner created from his boyhood for TV. Beats the heck out of Disney. They fly kites and do kid things which are memories that every child needs and many do not have. Please don't worry that BoogerMan will not have any good ones because he pretty much has the run of all his tribe.

I've still got tomato plants soaking until I can get them in the dirt perhaps tomorrow? I saw this woman today who either overcooked in a tanning bed or went on a long fishing trip and remembered all the years that I did that to my own skin just to appear attractive. There's nothing natural at all about white people being past bronze. I keep thinking about the tan mom's face in New Jersey and then my thoughts quickly move toward Christie and I'm outta' there. Here's what I think about the state of politics at this point in time all written up as if you're sitting right there reading it.



President Bush was not responsible for what happened in the Middle East. An opportunistic rich bunch of folks saw a chance to make money off of the fears of the American people that followed 9/11. It was a war served by many brave and loyal soldiers and a few who were in it just for the money. All of them are being mistreated now as they return from combat situations that are like a bad video game with real weapons. And crazy jihadists! You just never know who's gonna be the next new star. I'd say Mr. Bundy's time is over after only about a week of fame. Even the Koch brothers backed off so you know he's scary.

Hillary Clinton would not be a bad choice for president, especially since Elizabeth Warren is staying in the Senate. I think a lot of her bad press comes from the fact that she's assertive without being a total bitch. Her legal and political background are impressive and just think...she spent 8 years living there already! I joined a party chapter locally strictly because I think that the problems that face our country today and the meet-half-way attitude that is required to keep this country out of the toilet will never be found until the money in politics issue is addressed, preferably without loopholes. She took an absolute thrashing from the conservatives over Benghazi with their talking heads jumping on every other word she could utter. They fanned the flames of hatred which got us into this volatile situation where our presence is not wanted. Yankee...Westerner..go home! Honestly, it doesn't matter who is elected president because you have to be rich to get there so it's a sort of figurehead deal to take all the hear from the opposing party. What the F ever.

Speaking of net neutrality Verizon and Comcast were given permission to not give you equal band width with say, a little old blogger like myself who has almost starved to death (shut up) the past few years and probably would have if not for Blogfairy. Actually, she has known exactly when and where I needed a boost and I count that as a blessing every time I see an old USPS mailing box with my address on the front...twice. If there was one single thing in my life which would convince me that Big Ernie is real, the BF is it because it was all about me. I was heard, I was felt and I was loved. Amazon sent me a pre-order notice for House of Cards, Season 2. For 50 bucks..gasp! It's good, but not that good.

Enjoy your weekend wherever you are because it's one day at a time. Keep the faith too.



No comments:

Post a Comment