Monday, April 7, 2014

rainy days and mondays

My heart is heavy once again, aching for the losses of friends and families. It's an ongoing series of giving up and moving on even for those who are stubborn and refuse to change. If you can't adapt, you might as well sign up as bait for the Hunger Games. I got two movies yesterday and one was, shall we say "intriguing" in that my celebrity boyfriend was the star and another totally awful piece of fluff called Gravity with Sondra Bullock and George Clooney. I mean, please, my Jesus. I gave up after 15 minutes unlike with Cusack and DeNiro where I watched twice trying to figure out the significance of that Memphis hat.

It's wet and cold which I reckon is okay because it's spring and at least there's something pretty to look at. Nothing is more depressing than days on end of rainy gray skies and brown land. The fields that don't have wheat are covered with clover giving them a purple wave to rival the redbud trees. I know where every flower and tree came from and I moved about half of 'em just for fun. There are Mrs. Council's perennial gifts, of course. They keeping coming back even decades after she planted them in faith that the cycle would repeat itself. There are peonies and jonquils from her and a couple of forsythia. The front bank is scattered with late daffodils and narcissus. There are some hyacinth around here somewhere but I think maybe the mole got 'em. The giant pink blooms of the flowering peony are about to come forth. There will be pictures, as usual.

I am weary like most. Tired of the partisan bickering while we slowly die out here. I'm a conservative liberal if that makes any sense and I think the whole thing is absolutely bonkers. Get over it folks and give up your salary+perks if you can't REPRESENT. I don't care if you're a Dem of one of the GOP, just get OVER your pampered self and get down here on our level. We're the ones who elected you and you owe us that much. As for the Walton family in Bentonville Arkansas, you will never see my smart ass in one of your superstores again. I don't have the energy anymore and prefer to shop local with my hard earned cash.

We've got Booger tonight while mama works. All I can say is thank you for Ice Age. I feel so sorry for my friend Idgie who's on spring break in Panama City and being pounded with rain. I hope her kids are easily amused!

Over and out ya'll.



1 comment:

  1. You didn't elect anyone because you didn't go vote. No excuses there were free rides available. But you were registered. You got to go even if your candidates don't have a prayer. That's the way we can put the pressure on the these good 'ole boys.

    ReplyDelete