Sunday, April 6, 2014

malware take me away

Two blog posts had to be deleted after BG downloaded something and Highlightly snuck in the back door. It's a particularly nasty little thing that makes hyperlinks out of words that lead to aol ads or some such nonsense. I thought I was protected on that but it's been awhile since I looked at the state of IS security on Pecan Lane. Heaven knows I've had lots of other things to do like herding five dogs (yes, Gizmo makes 5) and playing with the Babyman. Austin and Tori were here for a couple of days and that adds some chaos to our mix of three women, one baby five dogs and a cat who thinks she's the Queen of Prussia. It's warmer today so it looks like I'll have to pick up the sticks of winter our there in the front. 100 year old pecans drop them like leaves. Once I was driving home and this huge pecan much BIGGER than just a limb fell right as I passed and saw it in the rear view.

We had eggs and doughnuts today and the cute daughter of the owner touched base with me about a hospital job after she graduates. The Sellers class plus a few extras were there in force and it was the first time since Miss Becky died that I had seen them. I went to the funeral and my mom replied to Becky's niece "Well, at least you got her to church!" Indeed. We were raised together in that church and others just like it by those who came before us. My mother's family hav been members of the Methodist church since it was close to the downtown river. I have found myself remembering that congregation and all the others who have welcomed me during my life. Faithful saints for Big E.

I think my diversity of worship experiences has been a large part of my conviction that churches come and go but the work of the world church is not usually done inside those walls except through charitable donations. For me it has been everywhere from the breakroom at work or on a park bench. Anywhere two or more are gathered, as they say. I listen to a lot of spiritual music up real loud and for me that's a religious moment. I know he's yesterdays news but I love some Michael W. Smith. Same for Mercy Me. God is love, and love is what you must give in order to receive. Free like, with no strings attached. And hell yes, it's very hard sometimes. Kill 'em with kindness hasn't been around all these years for nothing.

It's Sunday again with a full week of work and who knows what else ahead. Thanks to the loan fairy I've got new tires and an oil change plus almost paid the propane guy. Next on my list is tennis shoes. I'm so lazy about shopping I'll probably order them online! Hey..if I can find free shipping why not??

Happy Sunday to all ya'll and your mama'n'them. Bless all our hearts ^j^

1 comment: