Thursday, April 17, 2014

how am i supposed to live without you?

Numerous artists have recorded that particular song and it's always a tear jerker. My favorite is Laura Branigan who got mentioned by Shannon AKA Monty who is a bitch and will tell you that straight up. I reckon that's why we get along so nicely. Shannon runs an online business and put some of her friends who network out there in a blog post which is something we ALL used to do back in the day. I mean, if somebody on the blog circuit went on vacation it was an unspoken rule that somebody else guest post in their absence. It was the earliest days of telling life one day, one story at a time now that the WWW wasn't confined to business and the wealthy. I don't think Al Gore invented it either...I'm not that stupid. Once I visited Carthage,TN his home town for a hospital inspection. It was around the time that he and Clinton made a swing through Dyersburg, of all places. By golly,we were there.

The oldest friends that I have are still out there, stretched across the USofA from Oregon and Washington to FL and Mexico. Oddly enough my roomie Shannah lived her first four years in California. It's along trip from there to Pecan Lane so I'm totally sure Big Ernie had something to do with that. Old Horsetail Snake is the one who really caught my attention for funny stuff. His site was designed by somebody and so was mine, compliments of the lovely Tamara in Canada which is where Joe lives. We spent six months of email and proofs for Poop Happens. His whirlwind trip across the country choosing Vicki in MI, Tish in TX and me plus Vegas. He required oxygen at all times which I was totally not prepared for but came through. It's what you do for people who choose to share their lives with you on a personal level.

I'm not sure where along the way I met Drew and Mahala and JenBWag and Lori but I've gotten mail from all of 'em so they do indeed exist! They are the kind of friend that puts 20 bucks they can't spare in a card for my breakfast. While I'm in no means out of the woods financially, it looks better than in many many MANY moons barring some unforeseen calamity which is actually quite my luck. Roll with it baby. Idgie and I were Dew on the Kudzu buddies..hey, it was THERE I met Mahala! She won the contest for the kudzu monkey :) Jim and Jamie Dawn showed up about the same time and for years Reverand JD's Sunday posts were church to me. We are polar opposites politically and that's healthy. If I hang with too many liberals I'll get called the "tard" word again.

Wendy Cook. Karen Rasmussen. Stephen Early RJ, Chuck Sigars and JK. Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold. I'm feeling pretty spiritual as Good Friday approaches, knowing that his last night and supper were just ahead. When I look at all the many ways they betrayed him, I can relate to most every one of the 12 except for Judas and he's just the devil in disciple's clothing.

Peace ~

No comments:

Post a Comment