Tuesday, April 1, 2014

in my daughter's eyes

Martina McBride sings that one in a way that makes me tear up every single time. When BG was 18 I did a crude video of her life pics with that song to go along. I bet I watched it fifty times during the next year, trying to wrap myself around the fact that she wasn't a kid anymore. That was 11 years ago and we're still trying to understand each other, redefining the terms as we go which is never a bad thing. The only constant is change. I fear for our country and our children if this Congress doesn't get it's effin' act together. Heaven forbid that the nasty vehement tea partiers are running the place and nobody's even attempting to stop them. Man or woman up Dems. There are those like me who've suffered enough because of you playing hide and seek with the devil. If you don't believe it, read Ryan's budget. There will be more poor people than you can shake a stick with if that passes. But hey, in ten years the budget will be balanced...easy peasy. Only what are you gonna' do with all those desperate starving people dude? I'd be scared they would show up as creatures from the dead demanding a bite of your steak.

When I went to college it was a good investment, even though billions are squandered recruiting coaches and players for the athletic departments of most of them. I hope Phil Fulmer and Pat Summitt are enjoying their money in spite of the fact that their family lives suffered as a result of the 110% lifechoice of coaching. I love UT ladies roundball....always have. Basketball is one of the few things daddy and I can bond over. We watched Kelly Jolly and Rebecca Lobo try to kill each on the court back in the day. With the guys, I'm all about Memphis because I totally adore the city don't want to spend more time than necessary there. I was quite worried for BG's safety going down with an unreliable car, a bed and a wad of cash from her father and I. It was one of those times when she needed unconditional love and support and we let her go find out the hard way, but welcomed her back with open arms.

An ex told me one time that I "think too much" to which I would have to reply, yeppers. That's my style and it won't change either so open up with your feelings or I'm outta here. Or you are, whatever works. Two have left for that very reason and it's not negotiable. I wonder out loud and need, though not constant, regular feedback. I did one of those leadership tours today and was amazed at the things that people off the street don't know about healthcare. There were questions that gave me hope for some sort of understanding in the future of what we really do. I do so hope Sugardaddy shows up in the next ten years or I'll be outsourced for age. I really don't think of myself that way, and most folks my age are in administration, along with a whooooole lot of young ones carrying MBAs. It certainly makes for interesting TV shows, right Jackie ?

There is a friend of mine who has sort of turned lukewarm and for the life of me I can't figure it out because we've been to hell and back together. Following her husband's death we spent hours on the phone or in her car just talking about her hubs and the kids. She is a mentor to me not only as a tech but as a mother, grandmother and business woman. Her tribe has scattered since then and I imagine she'll be on the road as often as possible to visit after we get thorough our surgeries and whatnot. I hope she holds out because we're getting to be an OLD bunch!

So, Ebola is about to get out of control in Africa and ya'll know that means it takes only one little virus to jump a plane to the next continent and there you go....a huge fucking outbreak of zombie proportions. All of a sudden it's Doctors within Borders and they don't have a clue what to do because everybody dies. The focus must always be on isolation with a disease like that. Another scary as shit thing is the current outbreak of measles. That's a nasty childhood disease and I remember it well. Such a shame that the makers of the vaccine would not readily make available product without the preservatives that have been linked to autism and other childhood disorders. That's a true story, BTW, thus the giant wave of non-immunization. Google it, ya'll. Now ain't I just a little ray of sunshine? Love the one you're with is my motto for today.

~peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment