Friday, April 11, 2014

baby games

Booger is a crawling master and soon will let go of our hands and walk for the first time. It's so funny watching him with a ball because he'll roll it and then crawl like a demon to get it! I told Shannah he'd never have to worry about not having somebody to play ball with. The entire family plus uncle were here for BG's feast of stuffed shells with the real stuff inside. One dish is alfredo and the other marinara. To die for, kids. We were licking our plates and then had ice cream. I went to the crack store nursery downtown for something, ANYTHING to plant and got oregano, mint and rosemary plus a few flowers. No basil though, and that's a must. I love the smell of each of them individually or all mixed up in one big waft. Over the years I've learned that partial sun is good for most everything worth having.

There is something really nagging at me and I can't put a finger on it but I think it has to do with homeland security. More and more we read of things like next generation jihadists who are often American set out on a mission to destroy us because of our western ways, whatever the hell that means. If they only knew how our country treats its' own citizens maybe they'd cut some slack. Probably not though since they're all just dead set on getting to the virgins ASAP. The Republican party is about to splinter because the old heads and tea partiers are ruining their rep. I cringe every time I see Rand Paul or Mitch McConnell saying what for. If they only knew the meaning of diversity.

I distinctly remember peaceful Muslims being targeted following 9/11 and I was shocked at the number of people who didn't make the correct assumption that every religious group has both peaceful and warrior sides. Extremists love being on the fringe and get a charge on the knowledge that they are the "winning" team. Speaking of which, Fred Phelps was one of them and his congregation reminds me of jihad in more ways than one. Choke on that one peeps. There will always be that guy who lives off the land and doesn't want the government all up in his business so he bunkers down for the IRS to show up.

What else? Ahhh..Colbert and Letterman. I find it interesting and wonder if Stewart's feelings were hurt. Colbert is, however, much more like the cynical David Letterman in that he will cut you where you bleed with his words. I don't have TV service so it doesn't matter to me. Personally I think Chelsea should get a big job like that. I mean, her followers are legendary and she's funny as heck. Yeah, I'm a reviewer too, hah!

God bless ya'll and your mama'n them and have a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment