Tuesday, November 13, 2012

tales of an attic picker

I'm getting in better shape these days just from running up and down steps with boxes of this'n'that to sort through. At this point in time, Big Ernie needs to intervene in a big way of else I'm screwed and ya'll can come see me in the county jail with the meth heads. A whole bunch of states have filed...on the day AFTER Veteran's day to secede. Alrighty, then. Isn't this what we're looking at as reality? The federal government is freakin' HUGE and nobody can agree on anything but they want to keep "their" job with all the perks. And you know what? I feel their pain because Tennessee is one armpit of a state when it comes to distributing wealth and power equally. I reckon all states are that way though. I am especially dismayed at the way our military leaders are being thrown under the bus over the pretense of abuse of power or security breaches. I watched and read via Michael Yon Online as the general guided our soldiers during what was one of the toughest times ever for the American military. Just imagine what that kind of talent can do at home on border patrol. See, nobody ever takes my logic seriously. But then again, I'm a conspiracy theorist by nature.

I'm looking through the years worth of collectibles that my mama gifted us with just because it made her smile. Most are either signed and or dated and limited edition. Most of what I have left in the attic is old school papers and a suitcase. Better move that on down soon since it appears I'm gonna be homeless! We're down to a manageable inventory that is a mixture of shabby yet funky rural living. I've been really hungry for cornbread lately and I can't explain it other than I haven't cooked a really good meal in I can't tell you when. It's so easy when you're tired to just eat peanut butter on bread and call it a day. I found the cabbage patch doll and BG has the birth certificate but, no box...just our luck! There's also a box of all occasion trolls because we both loved 'em as kids. Trolls make a statement, ya know?

I am tired of the naysayers and the doomsdayers and all the other people who are predicting the end time this year because well..you know why. The truth of the matter is this. We have a chance to save the earth and more and more people are doing something about it. I honestly DO believe that the big storms that have hit lately are warnings of the weak links in our infrastructure. When you build on a bog, it's gonna get ugly. Hopefully developers who have gobbled up shoreline properties will have to pay out the ass to the survivors of Sandy and will rebuild with an eye on safe coastal living. Yeah, right.

The new katty kaaty went away which is a blessing, thank you very much Big E. She was beautiful but I've been to the rodeo a few times with girl kitties. MUCHO kittens. At one time we were feral around here until a friend took them to the river dairy barn to drink milk all day long and be happy. I'm talkin' crazy cat lady and it wasn't pretty. The moral to that story? Get your animal spayed or neutered while young and claim them as your own forever. I wish that I hadn't waited so long to get Faith out of her bi-yearly misery.

Ya'll be careful out there ~ Hill Street Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment