Friday, November 23, 2012

fiscal cliff

I'm rather fond of the way the media has named the looming national debt because it's just a jumbo sized version of the way I live my life...paycheck to paycheck with every body and their brother wanting a part of my meager income. Fifteen years ago, I was considered "middle class" until the lower cap for that term was somehow set at 250K which takes me many years to earn. We pulled up at the mailbox at the edge of the drive to find yet another collection notice, this time from the dentist. While I did give the propane guy a shout-out about what's going on I failed to do that with the dentist because (a) he has an office manager to go through and (b) they're always closed for lunch or off when I go by there. Same for the insurance agent that took a four day weekend meaning that I missed deadline renewal at 12 tonight. Meh. As we rode by wallyworld, I was soooooooo glad not to be looking for my car in that packed out lot, pissed off by crowds of angry shoppers.

Last Christmas on the eve of the day, I came home to find a huge surprise in my mailbox that came at just the right time to help a girl out, if you get my drift. Finding that anonymous donation from someone who cares a whole heckuva lot about me and mine showed me a whole new meaning of the spirit of generosity. My blog fairy has consistently come through at the darkest of times this past year so I shouldn't have been surprised to find a box from the USPS on my front swing after grumbling about the dentist bill. The really odd thing? I had put a couple of the old mailers from BF out there to throw into a pile and the new package was sitting on top of 'em! Part of the air of happiness surrounding these random surprises is that BF knows me well enough to send exactly what is needed at any given moment to either lift my spirits or allow me to have some fun.......or both! Every package has been postmarked from a different location so I'm still puzzled about who BF could possibly be. But you know what? Half of the fun is the mystery. Whomever you are and for whatever reason you believe in me, thanks from the bottom of my heart. It gives me the incentive to keep faith when the chips are down.

The lady at the loan shark place lender asked me today if things were any better. I just stared at her like "would I be here if they were???" I have totally lost one of the frames that my friend made which are beautiful, by the way. He brought the latest two this week and I got both of 'em out of his car but can find only one. My living room does look like a flea market though. Gotta fix that so we can put the (thanks to BF) live tree up.

Happy Black Friday ya'll. If you feel yourself getting pushed around out there, just say eff it and go to the house. Patience is a virtue when waiting for deals.

^j^

1 comment: