Wednesday, November 7, 2012

end of the world

I've heard rumors that many of this country's larger employers who suck the life out of underpaid folks with limited insurance options, will have to lay off some folks in order to insure the others. This has been a recurrent theme throughout the campaign of terror on Obamacare and I'm sick of hearing it because it's a big FAT excuse. I saw more than one sad face today, visions of the apocalypse dancing in their heads because Mittens got roundly tromped and the voice of America got heard for a change. We are an ethnic nation by nature, and nothing turns off the hard working guy or gal humpin' it for a living than corporate greed. Truth be told, the only reason I've held onto my job as long as I have is for affordable healthcare. Otherwise I'd be out there doing some non-profit feely touchy sort of thing that makes me happy. Thanks to yesterday's election, I now have a destination for retirement as well. Hopefully I'll live long enough to see the feds do something smart with the whole pot thing. I mean really? If somebody doesn't get a'hold of this thing, Nancy Botwin's adventures are gonna look like kindergarten. Those guys don't play.

I think the sun has been out a total of two hours during the last five days which makes for quite the seasonal affective disorder flare. Most all leaves are past peak now, the pin oaks holding out 'til last like they always do. Mom and I have consulted on the turkey day menu which will include a deep fried bird compliments of my brother. BG,Mom,Ms.Faye and myself will do the rest while Daddy watches Bonanza reruns. Sounds just like a Norman Rockwell pic, I know. We always eat Thanksgiving dinner on the antique stoneware featuring little farm people, the entire set of which is promised to a certain lucky guy along with the ice box that holds 'em. There are other pieces as well, vintage MamaStaff and her penchant for entertaining. I told her once that I was amazed at how special she could make an occasion and that I wished I could do that as well. Maybe someday (if I ever get the house clean) that will happen.

My Big friend who is married to the Little General is an avid sports fan having been called "coach" by many over the years all the while teaching them English and how to be a smartass. Heh. He has agreed to go through the massive baseball card collection and buy what he wants , then teach me what to do with the rest. Deal, dude. I know they are worth something but I don't have the skillz. There are no pecans to sell this year, to speak of so that's out. I know for sure there are some collectibles left in the attic which will be routinely sorted through. If ya'll see something burning on any given still evening, check to see if I've been up there chunking again.

Peace out ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment