Monday, November 12, 2012

patriotic memories

When I was a child I was, of course, a Girl Scout and busy doing all the things they do like having meetings, doing projects, selling cookies and marching in parades. Yep..we actually got OUT of school, carried by a big yellow bus to the Piggly Wiggly parking lot where we got rounded up by our fearless leaders and placed in formation, each of us with a little flag to wave as we marched through town. There were bands from several schools and a rousing speech by whomever was mayor at the time. Small town America at its' finest ya'll. I cruised through the side streets and caught a glimpse of that very same parade fifty years later and couldn't help but reflect on the changes around that very court square.

Okay, so here's the deal right wingers. There was an election and the incumbent won, and ya'll helped him win by putting up a candidate with jelly for brains. You also shot your collective selves in the foot by tromping on women's rights like nobody's business and then proceeded to convince Latinos and gays that they're all going straight to hell in a handbasket. That will get you Texas, but that's about it. It's over people. President Obama is in office and all the problems that were there prior to the election are STILL there and even more urgent. Wouldn't it just be nifty if everybody in Congress decided to think about all of us poor working schmucks and not about themselves and party lines?? As my brother says "If ifs and buts were chips and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas" Oh. And the pot props? That's only the beginning of Occupy MJ you knuckle draggers. As far as I know Coulter hasn't died yet of disappointment and grief so there's that for you to look forward to plus the Malkin chick for those of you with a more fiery personality. It ain't ever over, ya know?

My mood is what my mama likes to call "sprunty". That means I've had a good hard sleep like a zombie and have my running done with a day and a half left to burn doing whatever I feel like. At the moment that includes listening to Zac Brown and getting off on the last of this fall's colors. It rained like a mofo all night and the dogs are covered in mud...and all piled up on my bed. No need in cleaning it until bedtime...that's how I roll.

^j^







No comments:

Post a Comment