Wednesday, November 14, 2012

once more with feeling

How about that state spirit huh? Damn near all of 'em have filed petitions to back out and do their own thing only they don't really know where the funding will come from but that's okay. Tack it onto the federal bill that keeps growing with every disaster that hits us. The Red Cross is a joke...a highly complex organization with benevolent intentions but poor judgement on the blood donation front. For profit centers are not much better. God bless the one in Memphis trying to support all that transplant surgery. Meanwhile the two biggies have new visions for generations of healthcare to come in metro Shelby. They are where I was trained as a lab tech, during the time when Forrest Park was too scary to walk your dog in. Mostly I just tried to keep from jumping out the window of my dorm. It was an 8 ft box with a bed and very little room for anything except books and a mirror. Shared bathroom was down the hall, ditto for laundry. I was on a really high up floor like the tenth or something and one of my classmates, a fellow Methodist, lived on the same floor.

We've been with the pathologists from a Memphis group since like, forever. They are usually about twenty of 'em at any given time, spreading their talents around to generate income do no harm. When I first began working at Parkview Hospital in August 1977 Dr. Inclan was 'da man and we all smoked on the bench. As my mama would say "how niiiice". We had parties then...got together and celebrated our differences while embracing what we had in common which was work. The most infamous member of that bunch was in on the autopsy of Elvis..I kid ya'll not. I only talk politics with a couple of Republicans who like to push my buttons and watch me squirm unless Sue is there to give a girl some help. Fortunately, she's been blessed by a trip to the Holy Land and didn't get car bombed or anything so it's all good. She brought a couple of her grands a belly dancing costume and they're loving every minute of it. That's what life is all about.

We've discovered one cabbage patch doll, one koolaid kid, one teddy ruxpin (no batteries) and a whole shitload of china and crystal that has rarely been used. There are several rookie cards for stars like Barry Bonds, Pete Rose and Ozzie. Oh..and the wedding china of course. What cost a small fortune when I got married as a southern girl with her share of privilege in 1979 is now going up for sale because I normally eat standing up or in the car. My frame partner showed me a pic of a prototype for 8x10 photo display that looks awesome. I've still got wood but we might have to borrow a few from out back. We've got CDs that run from Tim McGraw to Adele but I couldn't tell you where a one of them is. And I'm okay with that.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment