Wednesday, February 1, 2012

thank you for your payment

I have two consecutive monthly bills from my local utility provider, both of them adding a TVA surcharge in the vicinity of 45% tacked on to my very conservative usage of electricity. Some of you might remember that I bitched about mentioned this last month. Same song, second verse. Gawd, I love me some American corporate hos. It's what makes the world go round.

Since we're all mostly in a flood zone around the Mississippi and its' tributaries and the river gods have seen fit to wash all of the low ground, and a whole lotta high..I figure it's time to move closer to the beach. The very first time I visited Destin as a teenaged church camper, I managed to fry my happy ass to the third degree and spend the rest of the week on an air mattress under a tree with a jar of salve for the blisters.

Today was such a nice one that I spread out a blanket on the front porch and did my feet and hands, listening to the birds and frogs telling me that spring is on the way. My wiser self knows that there will be a few freezes and possibly snow on Easter, but this is primo weather to just sit there and enjoy the quiet normalcy of the whole thing that is my life. Rain is moving in and that's cool too.

No political commentary today ya'll because this shit is freaking ridiculous. Who the hell cares what your religion is when it comes to electing a president. Dubya was a member of my home church and we saw where that got us. Ass deep in war with extremists who will never give up their cause. I'm over it.

Don't look now, but the laundry is almost done and it's only hump day ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment