Saturday, February 25, 2012

charity begins in the heart

Yesterday was my last day in a long string so I was really in a pissy mood, if you know what I mean. Like " I'm gonna go out and eat a worm". Faith's labor turned out to be early so we're still on puppy watch trying our best to make sure the floor is her option. We gave up on the box thing and it's covered with clothes. I try to get home soon enough to kiss BG on the cheek or watch her curl that hair getting ready to pimp those brews and lottery! Anyway, I managed to catch the mail before I came into the house to find her in process. And there it was again. At first, I thought it was a paycheck from a little side job, but I opened it to find a card with sparkles on it and some very kind words from somebody who obviously knows me well. And more money. Propane guy....here it comes!!!

The first time it happened, I was in total shock. BG was unemployed for a long stretch and the roommate left so I was pretty strapped. I would see people that I owe in the grocery store and look away, telling myself "you gotta eat." Slowly but surely, with that one act of kindness my financial situation began to turn around. I have learned this past year that living on what you have is not only possible but a gift you give yourself. Not having the worry over losing electricity or TV is a luxury that many people don't enjoy. At least I have a good paying job that allows me to have a chance at that.

My salsa sister has been in the hospital for several days with chest pain and received a clean bill of health yesterday. Thanks Big Ernie! It's still cold and windy here but the sun is out and there are flowers blooming every freakin' where. I even saw the first snake of the year coiled around a bush outside my bedroom window. I'm trying real hard not to remember that at night. Pride is still free range and loving it. The warmer weather has given the golfers a chance to be his buddies again and that's cool.

I don't know how to begin to say thank you to someone who cares enough to lift my spirits anonymously. All I can do is pay it forward, and my dear friend....you can be sure that will happen.

Keep the faith ^j^

2 comments:

  1. "We will be judge more for what we do at home than what we preach abroad." ~ John F. Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angels come in all shapes and sizes it seems. Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete