Thursday, February 23, 2012

hard labor

Any woman who has ever given birth to a child or two will tell you it's something that is just totally an instinct with us females. Faith is in the throes of delivery panting and hee-heeing to beat the band. On Granny/Mo's couch, no less. And of course KY cousin is nowhere to be found. If I was a betting gal I'd say she's at the farmer's market. Planting time ya'll.

Pride is still roaming and loving every minute of this free range grass fest that is early spring '12. I haven't looked to see if I'm working on Easter when it may or may not snow but the birds always sing at sunrise on the corner of Main and McGaughey. There's a cross there too, and I spotted it today on my way home, draped with purple in anticipation of things to come. The playground is dedicated to the memory of my co-worker and friend Sonia. She and her hubs were living here with their two young children when the whole thing happened and she died instantly on highway 78. I think of her spirit every time I see those crepe myrtles bloom.
Her funeral was a spiritual marriage of ancient Egypt and modern day America, smoke included. Thank you to Cecil Kirk and Big Ernie for that.

I haven't given anything up for Lent yet and it's already one day ahead of me. Considering the looks of my dance card I'm gonna go with no men until the whole white shoes after Easter thing..except as "friends" of course. Sometimes, you just need somebody to listen to your story. A sponsor, if you will. There is a great burden of trust that goes along with a relationship like that. It means "I've got your back at all costs and sometimes you may be mad as hell at me!" I refuse to settle, and that's the lay of the land.

^j^

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's the obvious things we are meant to give up I think. Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete