Tuesday, February 7, 2012

fire and rain

Since things are looking a bit better financially, I'm beginning to dream about doing something fun for a change. We're dying to see "One for the Money" and I noticed that James Taylor is coming to Mud Island in July. As in...the great and mighty JT ya'll! The venue is fantastic, and the last time I saw him there we sat in pouring rain and I still loved every minute. It did get kinda cold on the two hour drive home, though. My first time to experience the magic was in about ummm..76 or 77 at the Coliseum with a BF. His voice is so honey rich no matter what he's singing and the guitar is divine. His bands are expertly chosen to provide maximum musical joy for us groupies listeners. Soothing is good. Happy is even better. Tickets go on sale Friday and I sure hope the feds deposit when they said they would. I want to be in on the scramble.

It was a busy day at the sawmill for a change, and time went quickly. It's so annoying sometimes to get caught up in all the interdepartmental politics of the whole thing sometimes. That's why I would never consider being a manager...only a lead person. Kissing ass and being overly nice are not two of my most dominant qualities, if you know what I mean. Outgrew that one after therapy! Gloria Steinem was a big influence on my split personality at middle age as I tried to untangle being a good little southern girl from the beast within. That is when I learned the meaning of being assertive rather than aggressive. There's a big difference, and the amount of anger expressed is exponential. Assertive says" This is me, take it or leave it." Aggressive says " And you have to be like me too!!"

That troll of a little boy named Junior who visited the other day has an older sister, and now a baby one. Mimi the elder came to visit the lane yesterday and it was love at first sight when I saw her little face. Five years old and full to the brim with joy! Her hair is long and wavy...black with streaks of reddish tones and huge eyes. I had time to kill this afternoon so I burned the trash right in the middle of the driveway (see: might be a redneck) with the horse in attendance somewhere. It's so funny how people ask me about him now...how he's doing. He'll be in the book, if not the barn.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment